We are committed to nurturing an inclusive workforce that cuts across gender, ethnicity and culture. Diversity and inclusion play an important role in sustainability and are strongly linked to our core values of integrity, humility and excellence, which are embedded in every facet of our business and goals.
We aim to create a culture that:
CONDUCIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
We believe that a diverse team in all dimensions – race, religion, gender, age, nationality and differently abled will create an inclusive and progressive culture. We believe in upholding equal opportunities for all and practice zero tolerance for any sort of workplace discrimination.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
In ensuring a safe and healthy workplace, we established a robust health and safety management system that helps to identify risks and prevent work-related hazards, rolled out wellness programmes and organised safety training.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We believe the key to transformation is through providing regular learning and development opportunities. Equipping our employees with the latest skills and knowledge is essential to future-proof our workforce and the organisation.
Covering a wide range of topics including professional certification, teambuilding, and leadership and soft-skills training, the following platforms equip employees with the necessary skills and knowledge that boost their career growth.
We are committed to ensuring fair treatment to all our employees and ensure that no discrimination is practised in Sunway REIT by observing the following local labour laws and internationally recognised human rights principles:
We are committed to ensuring proper and adequate protection of personal data within our control in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
• Employees of Sunway malls and hotels are required to comply with the PDPA, Sunway’s compliance manual and all Sunway policies that are related to the PDPA.
• Employees of Sunway malls are required to read, understand and acknowledge a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) besides having to undergo PDPA training and an annual internal audit to ensure PDPA compliance.
• To instill customers’ confidence in data privacy, all redemption forms and kids’ club forms are stated with our commitment to comply with the PDPA.
• Signs are placed at concourse areas of the malls to inform all shoppers that they may be filmed/ photographed for the malls’ usage.
• In Sunway hotels, our guests’ details are strictly accessible by authorised users with the highest level of administration authority only.
• In the office segment, we ensure that tenants’ information is not easily disclosed to any third party without approval from the tenants.
Giving back to society is part of Sunway REIT’s contribution to building an inclusive society, ensuring that no one is left behind. Our efforts are in line with Sunway Group’s commitment to the UNSDG through its #SunwayForGood initiatives that focus on three key pillars – Education, Healthcare and Community Enrichment.
Some of our initiatives to ease the burden of those affected by the pandemic are as follows:
Ensuring the safety of our stakeholders is part of our effort to contribute to society as we strive to develop sustainable townships. All our properties adopt the Crime Prevention by Environmental Design (CPTED) principles since the design and planning stage. Besides installing closed circuit television cameras, we also work closely with the police and NGOs, and engage our tenants on social issues through townhalls and safety awareness programmes.
We strive to stay at the forefront of rapidly changing customer expectations by leveraging on technology and digitalisation to enhance customer experience. In Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, we are test-bedding our retail innovations to enable seamless shopping experience by implementing the following initiatives:
EXPLORE MORE ON OUR SUSTAINABILITY EFFORTS
SUSTAINABILITY REPORT (within Integrated Report)
This Sustainability Report is prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standard : Core option.
Feedback from our stakeholders is vital for us to continuously improve our reporting and sustainability practices. We appreciate your views, comments or feedback, which may be directed to us at email@example.com
Read Our Sustainability Report 2020